[Dnsmasq-discuss] writing a dhclient-exit-hooks script to manage dnsmasq

Brad Morgan b-morgan at concentric.net
Thu Jul 9 06:24:31 BST 2009

> Then I need the script to do something strange, I want it to upload a
> file to my isp's webhosting account so that my public ip address is
> available via a simple grep of a downloaded .html file  I already know
> how to script an ftp session, so that part is easy.

A simpler solution might be to look at using dyndns.com or one of the other
dynamic DNS sites. They provide a script (or other tools) that will run on
your machine and update a DNS entry on their servers when your IP changes.
You then just use that name when you want to reference your machine from the
outside world.

Regards,

Brad