[Dnsmasq-discuss] Please export GIADDR / Gateway-IP-Address to ENV

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Mon Jul 20 15:19:41 BST 2009

Michael Rack wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> can you please export the giaddr / gateway-ip-address as a enviroment
> variable to use it with the DHCP-Script?
>
> I have to know witch Outdoor-Access-Unit is requesting for an ip-address
> in my MySQL-Database for later application.
>
> I have try to implement the function in helper.c but i am not sure how
> to do this.

Try

http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/test-releases/dnsmasq-2.50test9.tar.gz

the variable is called DHCP_RELAY_ADDRESS.

Note that this information isn't always available, since it's not stored
in the leases file and a configured client doesn't have to use the
relay: it can talk to the server direct.