[Dnsmasq-discuss] "random" problem with name resolution

Stefano Bridi stefano.bridi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 11:00:03 BST 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Kiswono Prayogo<kiswono at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, i had the same thing before i join this mailing list yesterday,
> the solution is to remove all server in /etc/resolv.conf that block your
> recursive queries,
> how to know which one? by starting the dnsmasq in debug mode.. (i did that
> yesterday ^^)
> Regards,
> GB
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Stefano Bridi <stefano.bridi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all, first of all thanks for the wonderful tool!
>> I have a problem with the dns part of dnsmasq: sometimes does not
>> resolve hostnames.

... in resolv.conf I have only
nameserver 127.0.0.1

So I think that you are pointing me to the "server=" entry in the
dnsmasq file...
What I don't understand is Why only sometimes? And why when it fails
dnsmasq ask to
ALL the server and reply only with the [A] and not the related [PTR] record?

I'm sorry if somebody else already answer yesterday but I don't see
the mail after
22/7/2009 in the archive and subscribed today;)

thanks
stef