[Dnsmasq-discuss] remember the split horizon DNS problem with open VPN and network manager?

Tom Metro tmetro+dnsmasq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 22:37:16 BST 2009

Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> where you need to route queries for a specific domain to a specific name server.
> I had to migrate from Linux to Windows 7 (Linux speech recognition support
> just isn't there yet) and now, I am having the same problem that I had almost
> fixed in Linux.

Have you looked at the thread titled "VPN DNS prioritization" from last
month? The poster who started that thread indicated that the VPN support
in Windows applies some rules by default so your DNS lookups don't get
completely hijacked by the VPN.

> please tell me that somebody has ported dnsmasq to Windows...

You could aways run DD-WRT (which includes Dnsmasq) on a $30 router.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA