[Dnsmasq-discuss] TFTP Boot update "for those who find this problem in the future"

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Tue Aug 25 14:54:37 BST 2009

The issue isn't really with the boot client, but with my network. I
had to pair back the MTU size, so the blocks being handed out are
smaller than what is normal (set to 1400).  There is something "fishy"
with my router, ISP and work network, that it wouldn't let me access
the my home server from work.  I completely forgot about this
limitation till Simon mentioned blocksizes while debugging this
problem. (I am going to be replacing the router soon).

Because of this limitation, the TFTP had problems. I would suggest to
leave things the way they are, but have the tftp-no-blocksize as an
option.  Since my case is the special case, probably not the norm.

Philippe