[Dnsmasq-discuss] Ignoring unknown clients in Proxy DHCP mode?

Niels Basjes dnsmasq at basjes.nl
Wed Sep 2 09:32:49 BST 2009

Hi Simon,
2009/9/1 Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk>Please could you download and
try

> http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/test-releases/dnsmasq-2.51test3.tar.gz
> which should work OK with the first configuration you tried.

I just tested your version and it looks very good.
I'm using cobbler for installing systems.

This is the actual config file I tested with:
      read-ethers
      addn-hosts = /var/lib/cobbler/cobbler_hosts
      dhcp-range=10.10.0.0,proxy
      dhcp-ignore=#known
      expand-hosts
      domain=test.basjes.nl,10.10.0.0
      pxe-service=x86PC, "Boot PXELinux (=Cobbler controlled)", pxelinux
,10.10.15.2

I tested by booting a new VMware Server system via PXE --> As expected no
PXE info.
Then I added the system to cobbler which effectively places its MAC and IP
in /etc/ethers and its IP and hostname in /var/lib/cobbler/cobbler_hosts )
Now I booted the same VM again and it immediately booted using the provided
PXE information.

So for my purposes this works perfectly.

Thank you very much!

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Niels Basjes