[Dnsmasq-discuss] Setting BOOTP "magic cookie"

Tyler Reese tyler.reese at taqua.com
Sun Sep 6 22:32:33 BST 2009

It's a proprietary client that doesn't populate the vendor magic cookie.

A request was made to change the client to just ignore the magic cookie and start parsing vendor options at the 5th byte.  The change could have just as well been to make the client send the magic cookie and then dnsmasq would send it back.  In the end, the same thing is accomplished.

Thanks for the reply,
Tyler