[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to set the timeout dnsmasq uses for upstream queries...

David Howes david at howes.net.nz
Wed Sep 23 21:25:23 BST 2009

Hi again!

Question 1) Upstream Forwarder/Server request timeout.
In the resolve.conf of the servers running dnsmasq we have the following
line:
options timeout:15
Does dnsmasq obey this?
If not how can I set a specific timeout so that DNSMasq will wait "x
seconds" before giving up on the upsteam server.

Question 2) Are there any other "Split DNS" servers?
Out of curiosity, does any one know of any other DNS Servers that will serve
DNS from the 'hosts' file before checking the upstream forwarder?

- David.