[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq 2.51 rc1 for FreeBSD (was: Announce: dnsmasq-2.51rc1)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Oct 1 11:57:45 BST 2009

Am 29.09.2009, 22:08 Uhr, schrieb Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk>:

> The development branch of dnsmasq has amassed quite a few changes, going
> back 3 months in some cases: most of the work was done before the 2.50
> security-only release. I think it's time therefore to make a new
> release, and I'm making a first release-candidate available at
>
> http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/release-candidates/dnsmasq-2.51rc1.tar.gz
> http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/release-candidates/dnsmasq-2.51rc1.tar.lzma

Greetings,

for FreeBSD, I have submitted a 2.51rc1 port update for ports/dns/dnsmasq,
which will enable IDN and NLS by default and pull in gettext-related
packages, iconv, libidn, and gmake. You can change that in the "make
config" dialogue.

At time of this writing, the update has not yet been committed to the
ports tree; in the meanwhile you can get the patch against the 2.50
version in the ports tree from the problem report tracker at
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=139273> (deep link to the
patch:
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?prp=139273-1-txt&n=/dnsmasq-2.51.r1.patch>).

Please send me feedback that are port-specific off-list (or at least Cc:
me), and general feedback on the software to Simon or the list.

Thank you.

Best regards

--
Matthias Andree