[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmasq is ignoring dhcp-option=option:router, 192.168.0.1

Tim Allingham tim at theallinghams.com
Fri Oct 23 05:19:46 BST 2009

Have you set up any routing for the first PC to pass packets back and
forth to the net? I assume PC 1 is a linux box?

if so you'll generally need to enable ip_forward in the /proc filesystem

normally to do this is
~# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

for routing, you'll also need to enable NAT or IP Masquerading to allow
the second PC to access the net.

if your not sure how to do this in iptables/ipfw or your preferred
firewall software, let me know I would be happy to help you out with
this outside of the list

as to your route, it is correct now, it is using the hostname to report
the default gateway, however the hostname is getting cut off due to the
column width in the route table report

ie
netsrv.comp1.localnet.webwaredev.org
gets