[Dnsmasq-discuss] About 127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf [WAS: Web hang ups after repeated access to one site - dnsmasq related?]

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Oct 23 09:27:04 BST 2009

Max Barry wrote:

> Yay! dnsmasq-2.52test3 does indeed seem to work correctly. While the 'ip
> addr show' results are the same upon boot (lo registered as LOOPBACK but
> not with address 127.0.0.1), dnsmasq correctly refuses to listen to it:

Excellent. I'll work on getting that fix released ASAP. The change is
simply to re-check the interface configuration just before installing a
new set of upstream servers.

> I notice the compile-time options are slightly different this time
> around (no-DBus vs DBus, no I18N) but am not sure if that's relevant.

It doesn't affect the results of the test at all. If you want a dnsmasq
binary with the same capabilities as standard, and assuming you're
running Debian or Ubuntu, then you have all the bits needed to build
packages which will have them

sudo apt-get build-dep dnsmasq

will pull in the tools needed, then

cd  dnsmasq-2.52; debian/rules binary

will build the dnsmasq and dnsmasq-base .debs.

> Thanks for the help!

No problem, thanks for you help.