[Dnsmasq-discuss] Logrotate again

knud.skrald at guldberg.info knud.skrald at guldberg.info
Wed Oct 28 06:51:16 GMT 2009

Strange... this night it made the log rotation just as expected !
I have not changed anything...!
I will keep it under observation...

Suggestion:
Could SIG's be written to the logfile ?
It would be nice in a case like this to see if the SIG is received by DNSMASQ

Knud

Citat af Tim Allingham <tim at theallinghams.com>:

> Have you tried restarting the service after the logrotate?

Yes then DNSMASQ use the new file instead the old handle

> It sounds like the file handle is being kept open by dnsmasq, rather
> then opened and closed per write.

Yes my conclussion was the same

> Restarting the service should kick it back onto writing into the new
> file, as the handle will be re-initiated.  You can configure this as a
> post-rotate action in your logrotate conf.

Yes but so far I understand sigusr2 should actually close and reopen
the log file