[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq / dns server / iptables config glitch?

Mark Beierl mark at jemms.net
Tue Nov 24 20:37:45 GMT 2009

Not a problem... just trying to help too :)

The 127.0.1.1 is a common thing these days, but I don't know why.  Yes
you can merge them into one 127.0.0.1 line.

Rance Hall seemed to have hit the config entry on the head:

bind-address 0.0.0.0

instead of isengard.  Due to isengard resolving to localhost/127.0.0.1
(or 127.0.1.1 as the case may be), it is still the same as telling mysql
to listen only to localhost, so that change made no real difference.
You must tell mysql explicitly to listen to all addresses (0.0.0.0) with
the bind-addresses listed above.

Regards,
Mark