[Dnsmasq-discuss] Resolve all domains to the same IP

László Monda laci at monda.hu
Wed Dec 2 10:21:27 GMT 2009

Hi,

First of all, using 1.2.3.4 as a private IP address is a very bad
practice because it's not part of the private IP address space -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

Second, what are you really trying to do?  If you want to set up a
captive portal on OpenWrt then you have some options:

root at sunshine:~# opkg list|grep -i captive
chillispot - 1.1.0-1 - ChilliSpot is an open source captive portal or
wireless LAN
pepperspot - 0.1-1 - PepperSpot is a captive portal or wireless LAN
access point controller
wifidog - 1.1.5-2 - The Wifidog project is a complete and embeddable captive

Please CC me in your answer because I won't be on the list.

Laci  <http://monda.hu>