[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS pattern response

Santiago Zarate santiago at zarate.net.ve
Fri Dec 4 17:18:27 GMT 2009

add an IPTABLES rule.... and that's it..

if i'm not mistaken:

# DNAT port 80 request comming from LAN systems to squid 3128
($SQUID_PORT) aka transparent proxy
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $LAN_IN -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT
--to $SQUID_SERVER:$SQUID_PORT
# if it is same system
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INTERNET -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port $SQUID_PORT

Taken from here:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-setup-transparent-proxy-squid-howto.html