[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSMasq / Multiple DHCP

Andy Leak andy at r210.com
Thu Jan 7 19:23:22 GMT 2010

Hi Folks -

I want to install DNSMASQ on the same physical LAN with an existing DHCP
server.

This is for a new app that will dynamically create & destroy virtual
servers.

The setup would have:
- DNSMASQ on a machine with a fixed IP address
- DNSMASQ and the existing DHCP server using separate address ranges
- only Linux clients (dhclient - /etc/dhclient3/dhclient.conf) - no windows
or mac

My question: how do I ensure that the servers for my app use DNSMASQ only,
and that other machines on the lan only use the existing DHCP server ??

Thanks, Andy