[Dnsmasq-discuss] IP address based on switch port number (option 82)

Ignacio.Bravo at belden.com Ignacio.Bravo at belden.com
Tue Feb 16 10:19:58 GMT 2010

Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote on 16/02/2010 10:38:56:

> Ah, yes. That's a bug, a rather obvious face-plant bug ;-)
>
> What version of Ubuntu are you using? I have test release which fixes
> this and should solve the unicast-renewal problem and I can probably
> send it to you as a Debian/Ubuntu package.
>
> Simon.

Hi Simon,
Ubuntu 9.04 april 2009

Regarding your suggestion to activate Relay option in all ports and just
configure a dynamic pool for 'non per port specific IPs'. I think this
config would apply the 'not-port-related' pool even to those ports with an
specific IP. Wouldn`t it?
I did a first try and seems so, I did (iptables is activated), please let
me know if fits:

dhcp-range=net:switch1,10.10.35.2,10.10.35.5,255.255.255.0 <-----port
specific range
dhcp-circuitid=puerto3,b9:06:00:00:01:01:01:03
dhcp-remoteid=switch1,00:06:00:80:63:60:e1:64
dhcp-range=10.10.35.40,10.10.35.42,255.255.255.0 <----non specific pool

All ports get an ip from the non specific pool

Thanks
Ignacio

DISCLAIMER:

Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.

Thank You.