[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to configure 2 different nets: 1 guestnet, 1 "known-host net"?

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Tue Feb 16 11:55:14 GMT 2010

Lars Rohwedder wrote:
>> You need a dhcp-range for the the "known hosts" net too
>>
>> dhcp-range=192.168.8.0,static
>>
>> should do the trick.
>
> Thanks, that works fine! :-)
>
> Perhaps the man-page or example-config should mention this use case
> explicitly, because it is a quite common setup, I think.

It's in the man page:

"The end address may be replaced by the
keyword static which tells dnsmasq to enable DHCP for  the  network
specified,  but  not  to  dynamically  allocate  IP
addresses:  only  hosts  which  have  static  addresses  given via
dhcp-host or from /etc/ethers will be served."

I'll add an example too.