[Dnsmasq-discuss] IP address based on switch port number (option 82)

Jan 'RedBully' Seiffert redbully at cc.hs-owl.de
Thu Feb 18 08:19:43 GMT 2010

richardvoigt at gmail.com schrieb:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:
>> richardvoigt at gmail.com wrote:

[snip]
> Actually, instead of prohibiting use of tags set by tag-if for further
> tag-if, I think it's more reasonable to execute the lines in order and
> generate a warning if there's any attempted backpropagation.

Hmmm, backpropagation is fun, this way one could build flip-flops, state machines...

Let me think. All you need i clock gated logic.
You have an array of input states, you evalute the logic equations generating an
output state. When you are done with all equations, your output state becomes
your next input state:

 ST    eval     ST'
| a |          | a'|
| b |          | b'|
| c |  ------> | c'|
| d |          | d'|

memcpy(ST, ST', sizeof(ST)); /* or swizzle the pointer */

if(ST[tag_asked_for]) {
	/* whatever */
}

But this could get a little confusing for those not used to logic circuity...

I see where this will all lead to ... a tag construction tool with dnf
generation and Quine–McCluskey minimizer.

Greetings
	Jan

--
programmer, n:
	A red eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate