[Dnsmasq-discuss] how to set static arp entry according to dhcp request?

Darren Hoo darren.hoo at gmail.com
Wed May 26 19:40:02 BST 2010

Hi  Simon  et all,

First many thanks to you for this great software.

I wonder if there is a way in dnsmasq to  set static arp entry
(not that reading ethers from /etc/ethers).
let's say one client with a mac address 00:13:02:3a:15:5b send dhcp
requset and dnsmasq's dhcp server assign ip address 192.168.1.8 to
this client, then dnsmasq will set up a static  entry in the arp table
when the dhcp lease is deleted,this static entry will be deleted
accordingly. I wonder if that's possible.

 I know that dnsmasq's dbus interface provides  DhcpLeaseAdded,
DhcpLeaseDeleted,DhcpLeaseUpdated signals which I can use. but
I wonder there's a simple way without much of coding myself.

Thanks,
Darren