[Dnsmasq-discuss] Serving address range on a different subnet than the interface

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 16:11:59 BST 2010

The DHCP server has to provide the gateway address.  Before DHCP, the
client has no gateway.  To send DHCPACCEPT, the client has to send a
packet to the DHCP server, and if it isn't in the same subnet, the
gateway must be used.

What I was working toward is what Simon suggested: run a DHCP relay on
the gateway for that subnet.