[Dnsmasq-discuss] Mutliple Subnets - Different Servers - Chaining

Brad Morgan b-morgan at concentric.net
Sun Jul 11 17:10:35 BST 2010

> I have a fairly simple home network, to which I have recently added a
second subnet to for my virtual
> machines. While my primary DNS/DHCP server is a Dnsmasq instance running
on my DD-WRT router, my second
> subnet is hosted from a machine inside the Lan. On that machine I run
multiple virtual machines, and desire > to serve DHCP and DNS information to
them from a second Dnsmasq instance running on the first virtual
> machine. However I've managed to confuse myself greatly on this subject
going through the Dnsmasq archives.

I reread your original post again and I believe you may have missed an
essential piece of configuration. All the machines on the 192.168.1.0/24
(Subnet A) network need to have routing table entry if they wish to
communicate with the 192.168.2.0/24 (Subnet B) network.

Regards,

Brad