[Dnsmasq-discuss] stop-dns-rebind Issue

dnsmasq at rkmorris.us dnsmasq at rkmorris.us
Wed Sep 1 01:44:02 BST 2010

 *      1024x768
 *
 *    Clean          false  false  false    EN-US  X-NONE  X-NONE                              MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable	{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;	mso-style-noshow:yes;	mso-style-priority:99;	mso-style-qformat:yes;	mso-style-parent:"";	mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;	mso-para-margin:0in;	mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;	font-size:10.0pt;	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}     Hi,

A bit more info on this – hope this helps!

I updated to the latest DD-WRT version, and went in and manually changeddnsmasq.conf (actually, /tmp/dnsmasq.conf) – removing the line that says stop-dns-rebind, and then restarted dnsmasq.This did fix the issue below, so this is in fact the problem. So the realquestion is – how do I put this back in place, but still allow DNS nameresolution (to local IP addresses) for my “upper” domain lanA?

FYI – item 4) below happens with the older version of dnsmasq as well, so this isn’t tied specifically to thisissue.

Thanks!

… Russell