[Dnsmasq-discuss] stop-dns-rebind and IPv6

Mark Cross markcross.gpg.01 at gmx.com
Fri Sep 10 03:59:12 BST 2010

Jan 'RedBully' Seiffert wrote:

> 2010/9/10 Mark Cross <markcross.gpg.01 at gmx.com>:
> [snip]
>> BEHAVE          64:ff9b::/96  "Well Known Prefix"
>
> Oh, drafts are also OK?

No, not really, But should be given some consideration as it has been
reserved in the IANA numbering system already. Seems to me it will be
"approved" soon (note 6):
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-address-space/ipv6-address-space.xml

> Then i have this nice comment here in my code:
> //TODO: add DS-Lite well known addresses
> /*
>  * When the draft gets to standard:
>  * 192.0.0.0/29 is reserved for the p2p tunnel link between
>  * B4 & AFTR (CPE and Carrier NAT).
>  * These should not show up in the internet.
>  */
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-dual-stack-
lite-05#section-5.7

Keep it as a comment as that won't be in effect till the "IPv4 Exhaustion"
does happen. (some time next year?) :-)

That range fall into the ""IANA IPv4 Special Purpose Address Registry" at
192.0.0.0/24 [RFC5736] but does not appear here:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.xml

> Greetings
> Jan

Hi!