[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp-broadcast

Tyler Reese tyler.reese at taqua.com
Tue Sep 21 02:39:29 BST 2010

I'm trying to use this option to force the broadcast bootp flag to be set on bootp replies.  The only way I am able to make it work is to run 'dnsmasq --dhcp-broadcast' from the command line.  I want the dhcp-broadcast option to be used unconditionally.

I haven't found the correct way to add dhcp-broadcast to dnsmasq.conf in order to achieve the same thing.

In dnsmasq.conf, I have tried:
dhcp-broadcast
dhcp-broadcast=bootp

After making the change, I restart dnsmasq.  Neither one is making the broadcast bit get set, but again, it does work when I run dnsmasq from the command line.  What am I missing?  This is on dnsmasq-2.55.

Thanks,
Tyler

The information contained within this e-mail message, including the information contained in any attachments, is considered confidential information of Taqua, LLC, and intended only for the named recipient(s). If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately delete this e-mail and any attachments.