[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP setup

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Thu Sep 23 02:32:30 BST 2010

Hello,

I have dnsmasq running on 3 separate servers, each in different
cities.  They are all connected via a secure tunnel. I was finding
that DHCP request made in location A is being answered by the DHCP
server in Location B.  Currently to avoid this issue, I am using:
dhcp-host=00:0e:35:f6:d8:af,ignore
as a way to stop server B handling requests that typically should be
handled by server A.

Does someone know of a better way of handling this issue? Since what
does happen from time to time, is that devices normally associated
with Location A do visit  Location B, and then will a DHCP reply from
the DHCP server in location A.

Is there a way to use the IP of the local router to accept DHCP
request, if the request comes from a router from a different location,
then ignore that request?  this would be a cleaner solution.

Thank you

Philippe