[Dnsmasq-discuss] Single interface, multiple subnets...

Scott vivosomnio at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 17:55:13 BST 2010

The DHCP relay is the router itself, ip helper is configured which forwards
the packets.  Again, the dhcp requests are being received by the dhcp
server, it simply won't serve out the address.  One thing I did forget to
mention is that I have mac reservations for each server.

The issue however, is not in the routing.  If I take server1 and modify the
reservation to an IP in the dhcp server's subnet (192.168.1.128/25), the
dhcp server gives it an address.  It's only when I tell the dhcp server to
give it an IP in the 192.168.1.0/25 subnet that it gives the error:  "Sep 24
12:45:47 server1 dnsmasq[2640]: no address range available for DHCP request
via eth0".