[Dnsmasq-discuss] Feature Proposal: DNS Recursor

Loune Lam lpgcritter at nasquan.com
Fri Nov 26 22:39:07 GMT 2010

On 24/11/2010 3:02 AM, Simon Kelley wrote:

> If you want to patch dnsmasq for your own use, and make the changes
> available, that's great. Use the power of Free Software. If the patch
> allows conditional compilation of the recursor, and looks like it won't
> be a big ongoing maintenance headache, I _might_ take it into the
> mainline, but no promises. A chorus of "but we'd love that feature" on
> here would help sway me.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to be requested or mentioned much
here, so I'd assume it's not a pressing feature. I'll certainly code it
with conditional compilation in mind. The design is meant to have very
little impact on existing code. I think I'll look into making the patch
and just see what happens.

cheers,

-l