[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re : Re : Feature request for dhcp-hostfiles to behave like addn-hosts

Vincent Cadet v_cadet at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 16 22:46:41 GMT 2010

richardvoigt at gmail.com wrote:

> I haven't used sqlite, but I would imagine it loses many of its
> advantages in  the lease script process-model -- dnsmasq spawns a new
> process for every  lease.

I've just read SQLite is thread-safe and may be accessed by multiple threads and
processes (though they strongly discourage that: «threads are evil»). They use a
reader/writer lock mechanism. So it looks like it can be done. I have no idea
about the impact upon performance though.

See http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5

Vince

___