[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple Macs -> Same IP

JT jt at openscg.com
Wed Jan 12 13:05:24 GMT 2011

Hello all,

  I know that this is a departure from the norm, but I figured I'd ask if
anybody felt like working 'outside the box' with me :)  I've got a bunch of
nice HP all-in-ones that have dual interfaces (wifi and wired).  Depending
on the day / person turning them on, they could be running in either mode.
Is there a way that I can convince dnsmasq to assign the same IP to the two
different mac addresses? I should note the saving grace here is that the
printer will force one interface offline if one comes online, so I'm
guaranteed (in this firmware) that I won't have a 'split brained' scenario.
Any thoughts?

--
--JT