[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmasq and tftp boot problem

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Tue Jan 18 17:28:41 GMT 2011

Andrés Yacopino wrote:
> I was having and environment with dhcpd,ltsp clients, and ltsp-server
> (with tftp), the clients were all booting with pxe such fine.
> After replacing dhcpd with dnsmasq in another box some of the clients
> weren't unable to boot, they get this errors:
>
> pxe-t01
> pxe-e3b
>
> I have this options configured in dnsmasq daemon:
>
> dhcp-option=pxe,66,10.11.x.y #Next Server
> dhcp-option=option:root-path,"/opt/ltsp/i386"
> dhcp-option=option:Bootfile-name,"/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0"
> dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0,acathinserver,10.11.x.y
>
> Have anybody has experience with this?
>
> Some Clients with intel nics are booting all right, i have problems with
> client with via rhine II interface cards.
>
> Not problem in the same clients with dhcpd:
>
> allow bootp;
> next-server 10.11.x.y;
> allow booting;
> filename "/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0";
> option root-path "/opt/ltsp/i386";
> option routers 10.11.v.w;
>
> Thanks a lot,

A quick google  on those error codes gets "The "PXE-T01" and "PXE-E3B"
errors indicate that the PXE client received a "file not found" error
message from the TFTP server when sending a request" So we need to look
at your arrangements for the TFTP server. Are you using dnsmasq for
that? Anything useful in the log?