[Dnsmasq-discuss] Option 82 and a Default Pool

Mike O'Connor mike at oeg.com.au
Thu Feb 3 10:50:07 GMT 2011

> The problem is that you can't use a tag (in this case "locked") which
> are evaluated in the dhcp-range statements in other dhcp-range
> statements. dnsmasq picks a single dhcp-range and then adds any set:
> tags in it for use in adding options, but by that time the dhcp-range
> in use can't be altered. This should be better documented.
>
> The solution is to explicitly evaluate the value of "locked", which is
> most easily done as "not-locked" using De-Morgan's theorem
>

> tag-if = set:not-locked, tag:!vlan-500-port-1, tag:!vlan-500-port-3,
> tag:!vlan-500-port-5
>
> and then change your last dhcp-range to be

> dhcp-range=tag:not-locked,192.10.101.230,192.10.101.239,255.255.255.0,10m
>
> Ignore inappropriate line wrap in above, obviously.
>
> HTH
>
> Simon.

Hi

Thanks for your comments, I only added the locked thinking that it might
help. I would rather not needed.
The idea of having to list ever single port and switch does not appeal
and not very scalable.

This network is going to get to over 100 customer facing switches.

Does anyone have a better method than the one I'm using, I'm sure I've
missed something.

Mike