[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS64 support.

Scott Nicholas scott.nicholas at scottn.us
Thu Feb 10 21:38:24 GMT 2011

Experimenting at home with IPv6... Would like to try DNS64/NAT64 and
dnsmasq is the logical choice to continue my DNS needs since it's
already used on my OpenWRT home routers.

I read over some code a bit before bed, and believe I should have a
hack together in 2-3 days time that covers just the "Well Known
Prefix" (currently 64:FF9B::/96) with constant RDATA for PTRs. I
believe this to be the setup most likely for home routers. Then it's
simply a single command-line switch to enable DNS64 behavior or not.
No worries about other prefixes for me at this point.

Tho before proceeding, was there any other work done with this by
anyone? Shouldn't take much I think to implement _after_ I learn at
least how a few things are working.. Looking to throw some ideas
around. I'm more a hacker/tinkerer than a programmer but I've a draft
to follow so it shouldn't be too whack ;)

Thanks,
Scott.