[Dnsmasq-discuss] lost feature in 2.57 update (FreeBSD)

B. Cook bcook at poughkeepsieschools.org
Tue Mar 15 16:11:58 GMT 2011

I have ignore set for my dhcpd server.

dhcp-ignore=#known

and what I used to have was an entry for a *machine name* (not a mac).

dnsmasq would allow that machine name on, and I had a script that would
parse the logs and add that special machine names MAC to the 'allowed list'

with 2.57 (updated from 2.55) it sees that machine name as an error.

What can I do to possibly get that 'feature' back?

dhcp-host=pcsd-00000

second question.

Unrelated to the first one.

If I have a machine pcsd-12345 is there a way that I can *deny* that
machine name?

Thanks in advance.