[Dnsmasq-discuss] lost feature in 2.57 update (FreeBSD)

B. Cook bcook at poughkeepsieschools.org
Tue Mar 15 17:40:46 GMT 2011

Hmm,

I guess I need to retract my initial statement..

I would have to say it was 2.56 which caused the problem.

I have since updated to 2.57 and uncommented my dhcp-host=pcsd-0000 and
have no errors.

So I guess its working; will have to check to make sure but..

Second question

If I already have:

dhcp-ignore=#known

would I have to add a second entry:

dhcp-ignore=#known
dhcp-ignore=tag:blacklist

or can I combine them?

dhcp-ignore=#known,tag:blacklist

I was reading through the config and I know I've seen that explained
before but just can't seem to find it again to confirm..

Found it dnsmasq.conf.example..

# Never offer DHCP service to a machine whose Ethernet
# address is 11:22:33:44:55:66
#dhcp-host=11:22:33:44:55:66,ignore

# Ignore any clients which are specified in dhcp-host lines
# or /etc/ethers. Equivalent to ISC "deny unknown-clients".
# This relies on the special "known" tag which is set when
# a host is matched.
#dhcp-ignore=tag:!known

Hmm,

Why does my #known do the same thing?  And the example says !known..

(odd..)