[Dnsmasq-discuss] Simple conf for local hostname resolution only

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Tue May 17 09:14:04 BST 2011

I haven't found where to search the list so my apologies if this is asked/answered elsewhere.

I have a router that acts as a dhcp server and resolves wan addresses, but it does not have the option to resolve local hostnames.

I'm looking for a simple dnsmasq configuration that will:

1. Resolve local hostnames and nothing else
2. Assign a hostname to ps3, internet radio and similar that don't have their own hostname (using their mac address I guess)

I cannot see the forest for the trees using google, is there an example of the above somewhere?

Thanks
John