[Dnsmasq-discuss] Domains with forced IP address, add exceptions for subdomains

Daniel Antonio souliaq at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:30:34 BST 2011

I have this questions about of "dnsmasq.conf" in this "section":

# Add domains which you want to force to an IP address here.
address=/contacts.msn.com/64.4.23.9 <http://127.0.0.1/>
address=/msn.com/127.0.0.1

In this case, I try to filter all "msn.com" queries, except for *.
contacts.msn.com, but the thing is the IP "64.4.23.9" (is a real IP of
Microsoft for that DNS) is probably a temporal IP address. Can I force to
forward the query like this? :

address=/contacts.msn.com/FORWARD_QUERY
address=/msn.com/127.0.0.1   #This line will be skipped if the condition of
previous line is satisfied

Thanks.