[Dnsmasq-discuss] [Patch] dnsmasq biased round robin for new requests

Jan Seiffert kaffeemonster at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 7 21:03:45 BST 2011

2011/6/7 harish badrinath <harishbadrinath at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps give some consideration to whether that feature could be used to
>> simplify some of your configuration? ie using iptables to route/limit
>> the requests based on the user making them?
>
> Just for clarification, the "functionality" I had in mind does not go
> into this. It is much much simpler. It would be some what helpful
> if you are tying to implement domain (right now it does not even deal
> with wildcards/regexes,etc) based filters with processes that
> only think/deal with IP addresses in some what of a constrained
> environment.

You know my regex patch for dnsmasq?
This way you can match a domain by regex for address-config entries or
server-config entries.
So you can do:
address=/:(double|value|money)[kc]lick\.(net|com|to):/127.0.0.1
or:
# forward to special dns server to handle dynamic hosts
server=/:computer-[\n]+.my-site.example.com:/192.0.2.11

Maybe it's time i post it again refreshed against latest...

> Regards,
> Harish

Greetings
Jan

--
Murphy's Law of Combat
Rule #3: "Never forget that your weapon was manufactured by the