[Dnsmasq-discuss] OT: IPV6 howto

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Jun 20 15:26:54 BST 2011

On 16/06/2011 17:13, Mike McQuaid wrote:
> Ed W <lists at ...> writes:
>> I have a (UK) ISP (idnet) which alleges to offer me IPV6 range, but at
>> present my PPPOE router (airport express) is not obviously receiving an
>> IPV6 range.  I suspect the router is the problem, but lets leave that
>> for the moment.  The allocated range is believed to be static/persistent.
>
> I'm researching and will shortly be in a similar situation. It seems there's
> problems with using an Airport Extreme over PPPoE and IPv6. Did you have
> any luck getting this working? What modem are you using?

I have decided to give up on the airport and as I have a bunch of Alix
boards, I will probably (eventually) put some firmware on that to act as
my firewall/pppoe bridge

My provider is IDNet in the UK and I'm using the "fibre to the cabinet"
modem that BT currently hand out (not sure you can replace it with a
third party modem?)

Ed