[Dnsmasq-discuss] [suggestion] tiny embedded web server

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Jul 1 23:33:25 BST 2011

On 29/06/2011 14:21, Jon Nelson wrote:
>> LIGHTTPD: http://www.lighttpd.net/
>
> After a fair bit of trouble with lighttpd, I cannot recommend it over Apache.
> It's also not really in the "small, mostly embeddable" category.

I think the modern conclusion is that nginx is smaller, faster and
better maintained than nginx...  (Apologies if the author of lighttpd
hangs out here?)

I think nginx sets a mean benchmark that any other "lightweight" server
should be measured against.  300KB or so and it does almost
everything... For sure there are great options in the 10-50KB range, but
I think the point is there is little reason to look at unmaintained or
"doesn't quite" options when there are these pretty high quality options
available.

I don't know Mongoose, but the sensible list stand at:

- Boa/thttpd
- Mongoose
- Monkeyd
- Nginx
- Wildcard: Busybox...

My favourite would be Nginx, but I don't need featherweight, just
decently lightweight

Cheers

Ed W