[Dnsmasq-discuss] Using Alias or Address to return NXDOMAIN

Rob Emery uberclocker at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 18:08:24 BST 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible with dnsmasq (On Debian Squeeze) to override a DNS query to return NXDOMAIN rather than a specified IP address?
Something similiar to:
     address=/my.subdomain.domain.com/NXDOMAIN

One workaround I thought might work was to use:
     address=/my.subdomain.domain.com/172.16.1.1
     bogus-nxdomain=172.16.1.1

but it appears that the bogus-nxdomain directive is applied before the address :(

I've scoured the manpage but the only thing I could find was bogus-nxdomain!

Thanks in advance
-Rob