[Dnsmasq-discuss] Problems with Chrome Store

Dewey Sasser dewey at sasser.com
Sat Sep 17 16:42:11 BST 2011

On 09/16/2011 09:35 PM, Tomas Sironi wrote:
> Hi people. I've discovered a possible bug here. When trying to install
> something from the Google Chrome Store, the links there are kind of
> too large. Looks like dnsmasq doesn't parse them because the links
> don't respond. When I use another nameserver (jumping dnsmasq)
> everything works fine.

Can you perhaps give more details?  What app are you trying to install
and what version of dnsmasq, what is the platform on which you're
running Chrome, etc?

I just installed "Gravity" onto my Ubuntu 64 10.10 desktop, chrome
version 13.0.782.215. My router is running dnsmasq 2.52 on an Ubuntu
server 32 10.04.3 LTS.

As another respondent pointed out, dnsmasq is unlikely to be affected by
URL length.

--
Dewey