[Dnsmasq-discuss] Name found in /etc/hosts forwarded for AAAA

Schneidhuber, Bruno b.schneidhuber at pharmatechnik.de
Mon Dec 12 08:54:45 GMT 2011

Hello,

even if dnsmasq finds a name in /etc/hosts, it forwards a name query to the real dns server. These servers dont't find the name and the name query doesn't return until the query to the real servers times out.
As I understand from mails from the archive this is to query the AAAA Record and this behaviour is intended.
For severel reasons I have a lot of IPv4-only /etc/hosts. So this behaviour isn't desirable for me.
Until now I changed the source code, but I don't want to do this for every release.

Now two questions:

- Is there a posibility to stop this behaviour?
- Did I wrote complete nonsens?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Bruno Schneidhuber
Teamleiter Entwicklung Systemintegration

PHARMATECHNIK GmbH & Co. KG
Geschäftsstelle Passau, Neuburger Straße 128, 94036 Passau

Tel.: +49 851 98865-0, Fax: +49 851 98865-198
b.schneidhuber at pharmatechnik.de,<mailto:b.schneidhuber at pharmatechnik.de> www.pharmatechnik.de<http://www.pharmatechnik.de>

PHARMATECHNIK GmbH und Co. KG
Münchner Strasse 15
D-82319 Starnberg

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Starnberg
HRA: 64434, HRB: 66369, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Detlef Graessner, Dr. Mathias Schindl, Stephan Jörgens