[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSmasq works in test, and not in deployment !

Jérémie SYLVAND jsylvand at leadformance.com
Thu Dec 29 13:52:56 GMT 2011

Hello,

I have deployed DNSmasq on my personnal machine linux as server, with 2
computers windows as clients. They are connected between us by a small
switch, and connected to the internet via our box.
Everything works, an internal request is handled by my server, and for an
external request, my server send the request to the DNS server of the ISP.
Only one thing : I have desactivated firewall on all machines.

But when I deploy on our company server, IP adresses are resolved, but not
the names request.
Everything has been checked (config files exactly the same) before coming
back to our actual solution : DHCP+bind, but nothing has been done on our
equipments :
We have 2 boxes (2ISP), and a router which filters request an choose the
ISP for the request.

May the problem be from the router?
Is the problem coming from the difference of equipments config?
Or does it come from the firewall?

I'll be happy if you have a solution, even if it could be hard to find
something with the lack of information.

Thank you.
*Jeremie SYLVAND | System & Network Assistant*
*LEADFORMANCE* *|* 7 Avenue des Ducs de Savoie *|* 73000 CHAMBERY
Tel. : +33 (0)4 79 25 22 22 * |* www.leadformance.com
Leadformance vainqueur aux E-Commerce Awards 2010 catégorie Innovation : voir
la vidéo <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8zJ1B2-Gg4>
Découvrez toutes les fonctions de BRIDGE en 3 min : voir la
vidéo<http://www.leadformance.com/fr/video/highdef.php>