[Dnsmasq-discuss] CPU at 100%

Christopher Moore ( Linux Epos) chris at linuxepos.com
Wed Jan 18 15:17:22 GMT 2012

-----Original message-----
To:	Christopher Moore ( Linux Epos) <chris at linuxepos.com>;
CC:	dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk;
From:	Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk>
Sent:	Wed 18-01-2012 15:00
Subject:	Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] CPU at 100%
> Quoting myself:
>
>  > The simplest explanation for all the data we have so far is that the
>  > socket() call which creates the netlink socket sometimes fails to do
>  > so and returns zero (not -1, which is the error case, and trapped).
>
> The magic of Google brings up a report of exactly that:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=27446
>

> Are you by any chance using kernels around 2.6.27?
>
> Simon.

I'm using kernel 2.6.35.
It could well be that I'm mistaken and that the runaway happens when the process first starts and not after some time.
I'm going to put some monitoring on to check if the netlink socket exists when the process is started or disapears after some time.
I'll report back in a few days.
Thanks for all of your help.

Regards, Chris.