[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq and Mitel IP phones

Alastair Sherringham sherringham at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 10:29:29 GMT 2012

We recently had some Mitel 5330 IP phones installed and I discovered
they require DHCP to boot and configure. In order to plug them into
our main network, I had to get them working with our DHCP server. We
use dnsmasq.

Doing some searching, some people have had various problems and I
thought it would be good to post the configuration we use and that
seems to work.

I added the following to my dnsmasq configuration (gleaned from
various other internet mailing list posts) :

dhcp-option=125,
"^@^@^D^CKid:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=192.168.0.150;call_srv=192.168.0.150;vlan=1;l2p=6;dscp=46v46s26^@"
dhcp-option=128, 192.168.0.150
dhcp-option=129, 192.168.0.150