[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcpv6 duid gen

Vladislav Grishenko themiron at mail.ru
Thu Mar 1 10:26:08 GMT 2012

> Hmm, I wonder if
> "stop dnsmasq, edit /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases, start dnsmasq"
> counts as an administrative interface?

sure doesn't. in embedded there's no persistent storage for such files other
than /tmp, so under some circumstances file can be lost (reboot, fast
reinit, etc).
due hashing, there's a kind of guarantee that dhcpv4 client will get his
leases back, but not for dhcpv6 guid.

> I'm sure that an implementation of RECONFIGURE will be done, but not for
> this release: I want to get the basics working first.

np, just fyi

Best Regards, Vladislav Grishenko