[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcpv6 duid gen

Vladislav Grishenko themiron at mail.ru
Thu Mar 1 11:40:27 GMT 2012

> I wonder if the solution might be to just have a
> duid-override = <enterprise number>, <hex data>
> configuration which suppresses storing anything in the lease file  and
just
> uses a type-2 DUID in the obvious way?

Ok, and it can be even more easy - allow specify u_int64_t value and use it
with DUID-LL+27 ether type (eui64).
duid-override=<eui64>

> configuration which suppresses storing anything in the lease file  and
just
> uses a type-2 DUID in the obvious way?
Storing is allowed, but until reboot...

And what about traversing over ethernet-like interfaces only?
Actually, for me, it would be more handy than to implement own duid
generation and storing it in conf.
The root issue was in sit (6to4 tunnels) interfaces, which has no hwaddr to
be used as duid ll source.

Best Regards, Vladislav Grishenko