[Dnsmasq-discuss] Cunning plan, or hideous hack?

Vladislav Grishenko themiron at mail.ru
Thu Mar 8 15:15:14 GMT 2012

Oh yes, misread, sorry.

> There are a lot of clients in the world now (eg all
> Android phones, at least per-ICS) which don't use privacy extensions and
> can't do DHCPv6 or don't do it by default. This hack is useful for those.

Got it, afaik Android devices, in general, use Android_%15d as dhcp name
template, and most of them don't allow to configure it.
Privacy-enabled SLAAC hosts (all Windows from XP uses that by default)
either will use DHCPv6 or will jammed.
This means, if enabled, ra-dhcpv4-name hack will be useful in rare cases and
unreliable in common.

Best Regards, Vladislav Grishenko