[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSMasq DHCPv6 seems to fail with dhcp6c

Conrad Kostecki ConiKost at gmx.de
Fri Mar 9 20:50:49 GMT 2012

Hello!
I've here an WLAN-AP from Cisco. It's the WAP4410N.
It supports nativly IPv6 and DHCPv6.

My Problem is, it seems not got get an IP from DNSMasq for IPv6. As I
have SSH on this AP, i debugged a little bit.
There is the client "dhcp6c" installed.

The config there is:
interface br0 {
        send rapid-commit;
        request dns-servers;
        request domain;
};

I am attaching verbose log files of dnsmasq-dhcp and dhcp6c. Can someone
look into it? Is this a problem with dnsmasq, or is this the fault of
Cisco and dhcp6c? As I see in the log, there seems to be given an IP to
my AP, but my AP does not use it?

Thanks!
Conrad